First-Year Students Pre-arrival Checklist
For answers to frequently asked questions, visit New Student FAQ, or call the Dean of First-Year Students Office at (845) 437-5258.
- In mid-May, the Office of Admission will mail a matriculation packet to you. This packet will contain paper copies of certain forms (though all forms included in the packet are available on this website as downloadable PDFs), as well as instructing you to activating your Vassar account. You will need your login credentials symp
- Set up your Vassar email. Your Vassar Username and Activation Code, as well as instructions on activating your Vassar Account are available in your status portal. (NOTE: Students who deferred their entry from last year will not have access to the status portal. Your Vassar Username is included in your mailed matriculation packet. Your activation code and instructions for activating your account are being emailed to you.) Your Vassar email account can be accessed at mail.vassar.edu or any Google login prompt. Log in with your full email address and password. Your email address will be your username followed by @vassar.edu (i.e. email@example.com.) For more information, please visit the Computing, IDs & Phones FAQ. If you have questions or require assistance, you may contact the CIS Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 845-437-7224 during normal business hours.
- If you are requesting disability accommodations, you must return the Self-Identification Form to the Office for Accessibility and Educational Opportunity.
Deadline: June 15.
- Complete the New Student Biography Form as soon as possible. This form will require information from your parents/guardians. Deadline: July 1.
- Submit a photo for your Vassar ID Card. The photo must be an accurate representation of what you currently look like. A full-color, shoulders-and-above photo is required, and hats, sunglasses, or anything obscuring your face is prohibited.
Deadline: June 30.
- Fill out your Housing Application and V-Cash Account Application. Complete the housing form thoughtfully and honestly so that the staff in the Residential Life Office can select the most appropriate housing arrangement and roommate for you. Deadline: June 25.
- Schedule an appointment with your physician and complete and return the Medical Form to the Office of Health Services as soon as possible. Be sure to include ALL required signatures (student, parent/guardian, and physician).
Deadline: July 1.
- Give the Final Academic Transcript Form to your high school guidance or counseling office and ask that a copy of your final transcript be sent to the Vassar College Office of Admission. You must confirm with your high school that the guidance office has forwarded your final transcript to us. You will need it on file at Vassar to finalize registration for first-semester courses.
Deadline: July 15.
- Pre-registration begins on June 26. To start the pre-registration process, use The First-Year Handbook, the Vassar College Catalogue, and the First-Year Schedule of Classes to plan your course schedule for the fall semester. Pay special attention to the descriptions of the First-Year Writing Seminars in the First-Year Handbook, as you will be required to complete one of these courses during your first year. Refer to “Registration for Courses” in The First-Year Handbook for instructions on registering.
- Complete the Statement of Academic Interests worksheet. Your thoughtful answers to these questions will help the dean place you with a pre-major academic advisor with expertise in your areas of interest.
Deadline: July 21.
- Finish pre-registering for your fall semester classes.
Deadline: July 21
- Complete Think About It, a 2-hr online course through Campus Clarity that provides educational information related to sexual violence prevention in our community. To start the course, simply visit www.campusclarity.com, enter your Vassar College email address, and click "Start Training." (Note: Completion of Think About It is required before students may enroll in academic courses). For technical assistance please visit https://support.campusclarity.com. For all other questions or concerns please email Vassar's Sexual Assault and Violence Prevention office at email@example.com
Deadline: July 28
- Fill out the Religious Interest Form. Whether or not you consider yourself to be religious, please fill out the form as it helps the college better serve the needs of our students.
- Post your response and replies to two other responses on the First-Year Common Reading Moodle Site by August 21.
- Arrive for New Student Orientation on August 21, 2017.
- You received an email in July regarding the completion of Campus Clarity and E-Checkup. If you have not already completed E-Checkup Alcohol and E-Checkup Marijuana please do so and mark the verification at the end of each for Renee Pabst. This is required for registration. If you did not mark the verification, you can send a screen shot or verification numbers to firstname.lastname@example.org.